2013-12-01 Birthday ride to Greyton

As it was my birthday, the Nav allowed me to choose the destination and I could think of no lovier place than Greyton to enjoy this special day with our riding buddies.  Some of the usual suspects joined the ride - i.e. Paul (Eish), Jorg (Cape KLR), Ben (Bushrider) and a good friend of Ben's Stuart (the Reverend).  

We started off the day in Tableview where we grouped with the other riders, meandered along the farmlands through Durbanville, up over Franshoek Pass towards Greyton for breakfast.  The route back took us through Caledon, across the farmlands on the Karwyderskraal Road and homewards along the picturesque coastal route of Betty's Bay/Hangklip/Rooi Els over Clarence Drive with our last stop at uncle Barry's in Gordon's Bay for a twirly ice cream. 

I wanted to savour the ride and relied a bit more on my Gopro than my camera even managing to capture my 'slight tumble' as I tried to go up ahead of the guys to capture their bridge crossing on the Karwyderskraal road.  Clearly some things are NOT meant to be!   note to self "NEVER attempt to turn your bike around when there is gravel on the tarmac under the wheels". 

Thanks to everyone who joined us on the ride.  It was a very special day and spent the BEST way I can possibly imagine - on my KLR! 

till next time
safe travels everyone

Ang
"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"



Met up with the guys at Tableview Total Garage on the beach front 
Quick leg stretch stop in Franschoek  
Breakfast at the Oak & Vine in Greyton - a firm favourte
Unda Kawa's
Eish ready to go meandering through the wheatfield of Caledon
Now THATS a good selfie.. Stuart didn't quite make it into the pic


taking a tumble....
9 new wind turbines on Windmeul farm in Caledon (up ahead)
http://hermanustimes.mobi/news/read/1845/gigantic-turbine-stops-traffic
ending off the day with a twirly at Uncle Barry's in Gordon's Bay - YUM! 

The birthday girl being serenaded


No comments: